Happy Friday, party people! I’m excited to announce that Friday vids this fall will be alternating between Just The Tip and my latest project SHUT UP AND SMOOTHIE. This series was inspired by two equally important things:
- My general obsession with smoothies, which I’m convinced make me smarter and prettier every time I drink one. (They’re also ridiculously quick and easy, and the flavor possibilities are endless.)
- My friend Annie asking me multiple times a month why her smoothies and açai bowls always taste nasty. She does a lot of nice things for me, so I figured I could do her a solid with this series. (Smoothie bowl tutorial coming soon.)
If you’re thinking, “This wasn’t your brightest idea, Serena. I don’t need recipes for smoothies!” Shut up. I feel you, but I respectfully disagree. Not all peeps are smoothie-making wizards, and more often than not, just throwing random shit in a blender does not yield delicious results. (I know from experience.) Plus, each episode includes a smoothie tip or two and a sweet time lapse of me blending delicious things to jazzy muzak. Fun, no?
This week I’m teaching you how to make a super satisfying PB&J smoothie, which has become one of my go-to breakfasts. Watch and learn.
PB&J SmoothieAuthor -
- 1 ripe banana sliced or whole
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- ¼ cup gluten-free rolled oats not quick-cooking!
- 2 tablespoons peanut or almond butter
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon honey or agave optional
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth!
Shop this post
Never miss a post!
Get new recipes and lifestyle tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Oh man that looks awesome! Pinned and trying 🙂
What can I use instead of strawberries, which I can’t eat?