2018 Holiday Gift Guide for Wellness & Beauty Junkies
As I’ve mentioned many times before, Gift Guide Week brings me an insane amount of joy, but today’s guide was particularly fun for me to put together. It’s lucky that this post doesn’t have a video component because it would literally be me in a red and green onesie performing a spirited (and tone deaf) rendition of “These Are a Few of My Favorite Things.”
Anyhoo, today’s present picks aim to please fellow wellness and beauty obsessives. From my favorite glow-inducing mask to killer online workouts, there’s a little something to help everyone on your list feel and look their very best. Needless to say, if you have questions about any of these products, don’t hesitate to ask your weird blog lady. I’d love to chat.
Happy shopping, friends!
Holiday Gifts for Wellness and Beauty Enthusiasts:
1. Outdoor Voices CloudKnit Hoodie. This super soft, versatile hoodie is the perfect layering piece and is equally fabulous at the gym, in the streets, or on the couch. Athleisure! So hot right now.
2. The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid 2% Emulsion. If you haven’t heard of The Ordinary, please allow me to introduce you to your new favorite affordable skincare line. They boast an impressive lineup of powerful serums on the cheap (I’m talking less than 15 bucks a pop), but their Granactive Retinoid Emulsion is one of the most raved about. Even Kim Kardashian swears by it. Say what you will about Kimmy, but you can’t deny the girl has flawless skin. (The hyaluronic serum is also a standout.)
3. We Are Knitters Knitting Kits. Perfect for the crafty peeps in your life. This company makes knitting kits complete with skeins of wool, patterns, knitting needles, and sewing needles for everything from hats and scarves to sweaters and blankets. FYI, knitting is known to be extremely calming for people with anxiety (I’ve been meaning to take it up for years). Just throwing that out there.
4. Dead Sea Bath Salts. I swear by these bath salts, which are particularly great for muscle tension and itchy skin. The 5-pound bucket will provide enough magic for about 6-8 baths.
5. Wander Beauty Baggage Claim Gold Eye Masks. Not to toot my own horn, but I’m somewhat of an eye mask connoisseur. I’ve tried endless varieties over the years, and these are my current go-to for general de-puffing. They also stay put, which is huge. Pop them in the fridge for 10 minutes before using to maximize the effects. (If you’re more concerned about fine lines and discoloration, I’m all about these Shiseido masks.)
6. Lord Jones High CBD Tincture. I’m 100% on the CBD bandwagon. It’s one of the most effective tools in my anxiety management arsenal, and I take this particular tincture most days. (I’m also a fan of the gummies.) No, it does NOT get you high (there’s no THC), it just has a gentle mellowing effect. It’s also quite effective for pain.
7. Mother Dirt AO+ Mist. If you hang out here on the reg, you likely already know how obsessed I am with this probiotic mist. I started using it last winter when I was all kinds of dry and rashy, and it legitimately saved my skin. I’ve been using it ever since as the last step in my skincare routine, and it helps keep my skin clear and balanced. Beauty products can be tricky to gift since everyone’s skin is so unique, but this one’s a crowd pleaser since it’s great for all skin types.
8. Melissa Wood Health Workout Subscription. Melissa’s online workouts focus on slow, controlled movements, combining yoga and pilates principles to “sculpt long, lean lines.” They’re perfect for anyone who likes to squeeze in workouts at home or while traveling (I do them in my hotel room when I’m on the road), and Melissa literally radiates good energy. You can buy a single month or year-long subscription (for less than $100!).
9. Alo Warrior Mat. This cushy, antimicrobial mat is the crème de la crème of yoga mats. The big selling point for me is that it’s no-slip, WET OR DRY!!
10. UV Personal Sanitizer. The ideal present for germophobes/clean freaks! This bad boy uses safe and effective ultraviolet light to crush 99.9% of the germs, viruses and bacteria crawling on your beloved household items like phones, keys, and remotes.
11. Drunk Elephant The Big Reveal Kit. Anyone who appreciates or is looking to dabble in natural skincare will likely love the Drunk Elephant line. I’m a fan of many of their products, but I’m a die-hard devotee of Sukari Babyfacial, the exfoliating mask that’s the star of this kit. It leaves your skin ridiculously soft and glowy.
12. The Wellness Project and/or Four Weeks To Wellness Course. I’m a big fan of Phoebe Lapine’s accessible, non-preachy approach to wellness, and her memoir is a great read for anyone interested in upping their health game in a realistic way. She also created a course inspired by the book that helps you cut through all the noise in the wellness world, figure out what practices are actually worth it for you, and implement the changes that will have the greatest impact on your life. You’ll also receive killer recipes (Phoebe is an unbelievable chef) and meal prep/batch cooking tips. I’ve talked about this course a lot on Instagram this year because I truly believe in it, and several of you have done it and loved it (which makes me the happiest to hear). Ooooh, and you can get a 25% discount on the course with code: SERENA
13. Sakara Beauty + Detox Water Concentrates. For those who like to treat themselves to designer water from time to time, this duo is rather thrilling. The beauty water contains silica to boost cellular hydration and anti-inflammatory rose, while the detox water boasts magnesium for digestion, cholorophyll to help detoxity your bod. Both are also loaded with minerals to further enhance your overall “wellness” ;).
14. Slip Pure Silk Pillowcase. If you’re concerned about facial wrinkles and/or hair breakage (aren’t we all?!), this fancy 100% silk pillowcase promises to help keep both at bay. And even if it doesn’t, it feels like a dream, so…
For more Wellness and Beauty gift ideas, you may also want to check out last year’s guide.
Shop this post
Never miss a post!
Get new recipes and lifestyle tips delivered straight to your inbox.