2018 Holiday Gift Guide for Home Décor and Style Enthusiasts
Holiday Gift Guide Week continues!!!!!!!
I seem to be growing increasingly enthusiastic by the day. (Sorry?)
We’ve covered the domestic gods and goddesses, and the wellness and beauty junkies, and today we’re talking present picks for the home and style obsessed. From the perfect silk button down to my favorite not-too-smelly candles, I’m hoping you’ll find something on this list for the nesters/art lovers/clothes horses in your life.
Note: Many of the following are great gifts for mothers and mothers-in-law, who are notoriously tricky to shop for. HALLELUJAH.
Happy shopping, sugar plums!
Holiday Gifts for Home Décor and Style Enthusiasts:
1. Inslee Fariss Wall Calendar. Inslee is a brilliant artist, and every year she makes the most beautiful calendar with a collection of her watercolor paintings. This year’s features figural illustration prints of fabulous women, and it makes an eye-catching addition to any office/bedroom/kitchen wall!
2. Snowe Outdoor Throw. This take anywhere, machine-washable cotton throw is the ultimate multitasker. Snuggle up with it on chilly nights, use it as a beach or picnic blanket, or wear it as a casual wrap when traveling. (Comes in three colors.)
3. Equipment Essential Silk Shirt. If I could only wear one shirt for the rest of my life, this would be it. It’s classic. Timeless. Elegant. [Insert infinite positive adjectives.]
4. Sézane Gaspard Jumper. This cozy knit can be worn as a simple crewneck with the buttons down the back or cardigan-style, which legitimately thrills me. It comes in a variety of colors and looks equally fabulous with jeans a white t as it does tucked into a high-waisted skirt.
5. Otherland Candles. I know candles are a somewhat generic gift, but I’m of the opinion that one can never have too many. These ones look chic and come in a variety of unique but still subtle (read: the opposite of Yankee candle pungent) scents and can be purchased individually or as a customizable 3-pack. Canopy and Kindling are personal favorites.
6. Sheepskin rug. Have you ever stepped out of bed onto an insanely soft, fluffy sheepskin? If so, you’re familiar with the magic. If not, you should want someone you love to experience said magic.
7. Waffle Knit Kimono Robe. If we hangout on Instagram, you may recognize this light, breathable bathrobe because I shamelessly live in mine. It’s a dream. It’s also a gift that anyone will love—mother-in-law! best friend! secret santa recipient!—and costs less than 50 bucks. WHOOOOP.
8. Nicolas Kirkwood Beya Loafers. These babies are by far the priciest present on this list, but for those looking to spoil someone special, I highly recommend these luxurious loafers, which come in a variety of colors/fabrics. Classic with a twist (fun gold trimmed heel, killer shape), I’ve had my black pair for three years, and they get the most action of all my kicks.
9. Photos.com. This is my go-to for high quality photography prints at a reasonable price (many are currently hanging on the walls of my office and bedroom). The site has a particularly great collection of Slim Aarons prints, and they do an excellent framing job in basic black or white.
10. Macrame Earrings. These festive (and affordable!) statement earrings come in two different shades of blue as well as off-white, and they’re perfect for adding a little flair to warm weather ensembles. Plus, they’re super light! God forbid we get droopy earlobes…
11. Fishs Eddy Gilded Café Mirror Tray. This retro tray is a sexy serving piece for cocktails/snacks or breakfast in bed, but it’s also great as an accent piece for a coffee table or bar.
12. Shit That I Knit Pardy Wrap. This versatile knit wrap doubles as a scarf, making it a great everyday staple. (I have it in both black and camel and wear them on the reg.) What I love most about these 100% baby alpaca wraps—and all Shit That I Knit products—is that they’re knitted by a group of women in Lima, Peru. These women knit at home, enabling them to take care of their children while bringing in income to support their families.
Shop this post
Never miss a post!
Get new recipes and lifestyle tips delivered straight to your inbox.