2018 Holiday Gift Guide For Dudes
Heyooo. Me again. Are you sick of Gift Guide Week yet?!
Don’t answer that because either way, I’ve got one more for you. Can’t stop, won’t stop.
We’ve covered gifts for the domestic gods and goddesses, the beauty and wellness junkies, and the home and style peeps, but we’ve yet to tackle what is arguably the toughest category of giftees: DUDES. (For some reason, they just don’t seem to flip for a new sweater or a good face mask quite like their female counterparts. Weird…)
If you’re struggling to find the perfect present for your dad/brother/husband/roommate/boyfriend/friend, I’m thrilled to report that I’ve got some fun ideas for you. From the world’s comfiest slip-ons to a personalized champagne saber, I’m hoping there’s something on this that will speak to the dude(s) you love.
Now go forth and crush your holiday shopping, friends!
Holiday Gifts For Dudes:
1. Folding Pop-Up Tailgate Table. Super light and portable, this folding table (it fits into a shockingly compact carrying bag!) will seriously up one’s tailgating game, but it’s also ideal for beach partying, camping, and/or casual rooftop/backyard entertaining.
2. Origins Men’s Musts Set. Men deserve to put nice shit on their faces too! I personally love Origins all natural skincare products, and this men’s set includes a great wash, shaving cream, treatment lotion, and moisturizer to help your favorite dudes get their glow on.
4. Delicious Beers. My roommate is very into “heady beers” (over the years, I’ve come to realize that means not too bitter, moderately fruity IPAs), and lives to try new ones. If you too have a beer enthusiast in your life, consider hitting up a local beer store/brewery and putting together a package of cans/bottles tailored to their taste.
5. Breville Smoking Gun. A fun kitchen toy for those who love smoky flavor but may not have the space/need for a true smoker (aka most of us?).
6. Allbirds Wool Loungers. The number of dads (including my own) who I have talked to recently about their obsession with Allbirds is comical. The comfort! The style! The colors! The price point! Get your dad some slip-ons and let him get in on these conversations, dammit!
7. Artists With Animals Notecards. For the dude who loves music and animals. This boxset from The Morrison Hotel Gallery contains 12 notecards featuring “music legends and celebrities with their animal friends.” (I don’t know why, but that description just makes me happy.)
8. Yeti Coffee Mug/Rambler Tumblers. As Yeti’s biggest (unacknowledged) promoter, I feel the need to emphasize the unparalleled awesomeness of their coffee mugs and rambler tumblers. They keep hot things HOT and cold things COLD for outrageously long periods of time, and I can’t imagine anyone not being ecstatic to receive such a magical gift. (Their koozies also rock.)
9. Digital BBQ Fork. This BBQ fork doubles as an instant-read thermometer, so grill masters can ensure that meats are cooked to perfection every single time. It also has a built-in flashlight for nighttime culinary adventures. Handy!
10. TV Wireless Headphones. These headphones allow their owner to watch whatever it is they so desire (cough…football…cough) in peace while leaving the rest of the room quiet. Great for couples who like to be together while “pursuing separate passions.”
11. Personalized Champagne Saber. Is this a practical gift? No. Is it dangerous? Possibly. Did Logan absolutely lose his cool when we received one as a wedding present? Yes, yes he did. Do with that what you will.
12. The Dude Diet. I’m biased, but I think this sexy cookbook makes a great present for dudes of all ages and culinary skill levels. In addition to bomb (but not overly complex) recipes, there are lots of pretty pictures, and it’s kind of funny.
Never miss a post!
Get new recipes and lifestyle tips delivered straight to your inbox.