Cocktails and Confessions Episode 4: Blood Orange Champagne Punch
Happy V-Day Eve, friends! Today marks the end of Domesticate ME!’s Valentine’s Week, but I’ve obviously saved the best for last.
Let’s talk punch, shall we?
Not gonna lie, I drank a significant amount of punch (read: Jungle Juice) back in the day. Said punch usually involved mass quantities of Everclear, stained my tongue bright red or blue, and led to the type of earth-shattering hangovers that made me want build a fort out of pizza and then hide inside it for a week. (The hiding was usually necessary given my propensity for punch-drunk love affairs.)
Not to worry, peeps, the punch that you see on your screen is a serious departure from the scary, saccharine concoction consumed in my Solo cup heyday. Blood Orange Champagne Punch is light, bright, and sparkly with a glorious sweet-tart flavor and subtle floral undertones. If you find that description annoying and pretentious, how about this: It tastes bomb and will get you TURNT UP.
So, without further ado, I give you the Valentine’s Day edition of Cocktails and Confessions, in which I share an ill-fated love story and teach you how to make this fabulous Champagne punch…
p.s. I am friends with “Don Juan” on Facebook. There is a strong chance he will see this video.
p.p.s. You are awesome, and I appreciate you being here. Valentine’s Day chest bump.
p.p.s. If you’re into Cocktails and Confessions, please consider subscribing to my YouTube channel. And, as always, feel free to share your own confessions in ze comments or via email. This is a judgment free space, and you know I LOVE a good story.
- 1¼ cups freshly squeezed blood orange juice
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup honey simple syrup ¼ cup honey dissolved in ¼ cup warm water and then cooled to room temperature
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 bottle chilled Champagne or Prosecco
For garnish: (optional)
- 1 lemon thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 blood orange thinly sliced into rounds
- If you plan to garnish your punch with sliced lemon and blood orange, place those in a pitcher or punch bowl.
- Add the blood orange juice, lemon juice, simple syrup and vodka. Stir to combine.
- Add champagne just before serving. Pour punch into glasses filled with ice and serve.
Never miss a post!
Get new recipes and lifestyle tips delivered straight to your inbox.