2019 Mother’s Day Gift Guide
Mother’s Day is less than two weeks out, do you know what you’re getting the moms in your life???!!
Mother’s Day obviously isn’t about presents. It’s about appreciating the amazing mothers in our lives and showering them with the love and gratitude they deserve. Quality time in person or over the phone on May 12 is wonderful. So are hugs and a delicious home-cooked meal (possibly served in bed). But…
PRESENTS ARE ALSO GOOD.
I’ve always found my mom tricky to shop for, and based on my group text and DMs, I’m not alone in this struggle. So, in the hope of making all of our lives a little bit easier, I’ve taken the liberty of gathering a few gifting ideas (at a variety of price points) to celebrate the mom(s) in your life. Happy shopping!
p.s. Should you be a mom who would like to receive any of the below, I’ve been told emailing this post with “hint, HINT” in the subject line has proven very effective in the past.
Domesticate Me’s 2019 Mother’s Day Gift Guide
1. Homesick Candles. These delightfully kitschy candles (which come in three sizes!) are made to smell reminiscent of various countries, cities and states. They also make “memory” candles with titles ranging from “summer camp” and “first kiss” to “four twenty” and the aptly titled “thank you, mom.”
2. Urban Stems. Flowers are always a good idea, and a bouquet from Urban Stems is an excellent way to step up your floral gifting game. I recently received one of their arrangements, and not only were the blooms beautiful and artfully arranged (killer colors and variety!), but the packaging was super festive. Each bouquet arrives in a colorful box that unfolds when you remove the lid. https://urbanstems.com/
3. All Around Giant Monstera Towel. This fun giant towel is perfect for poolside lounging, beach days, and park picnic. Should your recipient not be much of a plant lady, this towel also comes in a variety of other designs, including a particularly fetching watermelon.
4. Yeti Rambler Wine Glasses. Despite their refusal to acknowledge/sponsor me, I will continue foisting Yeti’s magical products on you for as long as I live. They recently launched rambler wine glasses, and I couldn’t be more thrilled for wine drinkers everywhere.
5. Erno Laszlo Multi-Task Eye Serum Mask. These eye patches are my favorite for depuffing and smoothing tired eyes. Perfect for any mom who may not be getting as much beauty sleep as she’d like.
6. Iridescent Scale Earrings. Pretty and special, these layered statement earrings look as fabulous with jeans and a t-shirt as they do with fancy formal wear.
7. Family by Hetty McKinnon. I’ve waxed poetic about Hetty McKinnon’s culinary genius many times before, but her latest veggie-heavy cookbook may be her best yet. Filled with vibrant, flavor-packed, cookable vegetarian meals and heartwarming stories about the importance of family, this book would make an excellent addition to any healthy home cook’s collection.
8. Where The Fuck Is My Phone Tray. THE STRUGGLE IS REAL. Help a woman you love out. (This tray also comes in other iterations…glasses, keys, etc.)
9. FaceGym Gift Certificate. Who doesn’t want lifted, glowing skin and a feel good face massage?! A trip to the FaceGym is a killer present for the mom who lives for skincare and/or deserves some pampering. I recommend treating her to the Party Face “workout” for maximum R&R and results. Sadly, this present is only good for NYC and London moms (or visiting moms!), but it was too good to leave out.
10. Gaby Dalkin Ultimate Seasoning Set. Gaby Dalkin is one of the brightest stars in the food world these days, and her signature seasoning blends are guaranteed to be a hit with moms who love to cook.
11. Frayed Shopper Bag. Unique but still neutral, this festive (and affordable) tote is equally at home in the city or on the beach, which makes it a great summer staple for the chic moms in your life.
12. Ibiza Kaftan. A good kaftan is hard to find, people, and this one by Monday Swimwear is a classic. Breezy and effortlessly chic, it makes the perfect summer/vacation staple and will flatter any body type. I also love the brand’s Tahiti Pant for moms who prefer slightly more tailored beachwear.
*If nothing on this list speaks to you, you may want to check out my 2018 gift guides for Beauty and Wellness Junkies, Domestic Goddesses, or Home Décor and Style Enthusiasts.
Shop this post
Never miss a post!
Get new recipes and lifestyle tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Leave a Comment