Domesticate ME!’s 2017 Father’s Day Gift Guide for Badass Dads
Father’s Day looms large on the horizon (T-10 days, people), and if you’re anything like me, you may still be on the hunt for the perfect present for the dad(s) in your life.
I know this holiday isn’t really about presents, but that doesn’t mean that dads don’t deserve a little something cool in addition to the love, free hug coupons, and QT you’ll most likely be showering them with next Sunday. In the hope of making shopping a teensy bit less stressful this year (I can’t be the only one with a dad that’s impossible to buy for??!), I’ve rounded up some awesome food, booze, and chilling-related gift ideas for badass dads below.
And because I love you, I’m also doing a little Father’s Day GIVEAWAY! Scroll to the bottom of the post for entry details.
To state the obvious: The above pic is not my dad. It’s Ryan Gosling. He is a hot dad! As I learned from last year’s gift guide photo, the Internet responds well to hot dads, and I am a business lady. #sexsells
Domesticate ME!’s 2017 Father’s Day Picks:
1. Char-Griller Akorn Junior Kamado Kooker Charcoal Grill. This is legitimately the cutest most versatile little grill I’ve ever seen. Perfect for barbecue enthusiasts—this baby sears, slow-cooks, and smokes like a champ—especially those with limited outdoor space and/or a penchant for camping and tailgating. (There are two handles on the sides for easy portability.)
2. Custom Yeti Products. I rep Yeti so hard around these parts, you’d think they pay me. (They don’t, dammit.) But their tumblers and coolers are truly the best of the best, and you can now customize any of their products with everything from team logos to custom messages. Just a quick note, cocktails stay cold and coffee stays hot in one of these tumblers for hours. Wizardry.
3. HyperChiller Iced Coffee Maker. This magical little canister was invented to flash-chill iced coffee (in 1 minute flat!), but it’s also great for tea, wine and cocktails. In their words, “It’s like adding 30 ice cubes to your beverage—with no dilution.” I gave one to my roommate for Christmas who drinks iced coffee year-round, and he’s obsessed with it. Total gamechanger.
4. Lightsaber BBQ Tongs. In case you know a dad that loves Star Wars. And grilling.
5. Barebones Rambler Cooler. This sexy backpack is actually a cooler (!!) that can fit a truly shocking amount of food and drink. Perfect for active dads that want to BYOB/BYOS (Bring Your Own Snacks) in style.
6. FANCHEST Gift Box. For the sports fanatic. These gift boxes (which are available at a range of price points) are loaded with officially licensed products from your dad’s favorite NFL/NHL/MLB/NBA/NCAA team. I don’t understand sports, but I still think this idea is pretty sweet?
7. Whiskey Bullets. Because they’re badass and whiskey spheres are so last year.
8. The Barbecue Bible. I actually own this book and can vouch for its awesomeness. If you’ve got a dad that loves bbq, he needs this book. (p.s. I just realized I pulled the photo of the French cover. Don’t worry, friends, the book is in English. But if you happen to have a French Dad, it’s clearly available en français!)
9. Don Julio 1942. If your dad is a boss tequila drinker, he’ll very much appreciate this very fine bottle of booze. It’s the best. (Hence the pricetag.)
10. Shun Classic 8-Inch Chef’s Knife. Everyone, dads included, benefits from a good chef’s knife, and this Shun classic is quite the handsome workhorse.
11. Hangout Sofa. This baby inflates in seconds without a pump and can be used for chilling everywhere from the backyard to the park or beach. If you know an outdoorsy dad or nap aficionado, this would make quite the practical (yet still exciting) present.
12. Omaha Steaks. They’re famous for a reason, people, so if your dad loves to eat, send his favorite steak. (They also have excellent seafood and hot dogs.) Bonus points if you can cook and eat it with him.
13. The Dude Diet. If you thought I’d pass up this perfect opportunity to pimp The DD, you are adorably crazy. This is the perfect present for food-loving dads, especially those who have a sense of humor and/or could use a little help on the health and nutrition fronts.
14. My Body Is A Wonderland Shirts/Tanks/Hoodies/Mugs. Any of these items would make an excellent side present with the book, or as a gift to those who’ve already been working The Dude Diet philosophy. But act FAST. This very exclusive line is only available until Monday, June 12!!!
And now for ze GIVEAWAY!! I’ll be sending one lucky reader: a signed copy of The Dude Diet, a koozie, and your choice of a #MyBodyIsAWonderland short sleeve t-shirt, tank or mug! You can then gift these fabulous items to your favorite dad OR keep them for yourself. (No judgment.) TO ENTER: Leave a comment below with either the best Father’s Day present you’ve ever given/received OR your best “dad joke.” The giveaway will close this Sunday, June 11, at 12pm EST. May the odds be ever in your favor.
*This post contains some affiliate links that help your weird blog lady keep this site alive and kicking!
Shop this post
Never miss a post!
Get new recipes and lifestyle tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Me: “Dad, can you make me a sandwich?”
Dad: “Poof, you’re a sandwich!”
We’re getting my dad a goldendoodle for Father’s Day this year! Can’t wait!
Ryan Gosling photo = good choice. Who doesn’t want to see that first thing on the blog?
We’ve now celebrated fathers day 3 times with our little family of 4 and every year I give my hubby the same gift…a little morning nooky & a round of golf with his buddies. He says it’s the gift that can never be beat.
Last Father’s day was my hubby’s first. I made him a hand print canvas with his and our daughter’s hand. This past March we had another daughter so I am wanting to something extra mushy this year.
CONGRATULATIONS, Katelyn!! You are the winner! Please send your mailing address and shirt choice (tank or tee), color (grey or white) and size (xs-xxl) to email@example.com ASAP as the shirts are only available for a few more hours ;). Happy early Father’s Day to you and your fam!! xoxo
What do you call a man with a rubber toe?
Why did the cookie go to the doctor?
Because he felt crummy!
My father was impossible to buy for, but in his old age it was easy to give him gifts: he loved my homemade bread and butter pickles, and my homemade jams and jellies.
My dad was never one for material items, so naturally buying gifts for him is exceptionally difficult. I’ve always gone in the direction of chocolate, tea, and movie snacks. But, the very best father’s day present I got for my dad was a photo card from Snapfish. There were 3 pictures of me and him together doing our favorite activities with Best Dad EVER written on it. It’s been about 5 years since I created that for him, and it still sits front and center on his dresser.