Kitchen Crush: Summer 2014 Edition
Yesterday, my roommate walked into the office to look for something, and after having to move several of my outdated electronic devices and three piles of clothes, he screamed, “Why do you have so much stuff?!”
I tend not to respond to such queries because the answer is obvious. I am a hoarder. We know this, we have accepted this, and I refuse to be made to feel badly about what is clearly a genetic disorder.
While I do my best to control them, my hoarding tendencies are obviously strongest when it comes to collecting culinary/domestic items. I’m fully aware that I don’t need anything else for my kitchen, but there are a lot of things that I want. So many that I’ve started keeping a year-round wish list just to keep track.
Said list has gotten embarrassingly long, but I thought I’d share the short version with you today for funsies. You know, in case you’ve got some extra cabinet/counter space on your hands (lucky!). So, without further ado, I give you my current kitchen crushes.
Happy coveting, friends!
1. Williams-Sonoma Rustic Melamine Dinner Plates. Festive summer dishware at its finest. And they’re plastic, which is ideal for rowdier dinner parties. Safety first!
2. Vitamix S30. You can’t really tell from the photo, but this is a smaller, sleeker version of the traditional Vitamix (which I would also like), and it takes up less than six inches of precious counter space. It comes with a 40-ounce container as well as an adorable 20-ouncer that doubles as an insulated to-go cup. I love a good to-go cup.
3. Château Miraval 2013 Rosé. I consider myself somewhat of a rosé connoisseur, and this is my favorite “summer water” of all time. FYI, the vineyard is owned by Brad and Angelina. Do with that what you will.
4. Zoku Quick Pop Maker. Unless you live under a rock, you know that fancy/boozy popsicles are all the rage right now. I went ahead and actually bought this because I’m trendy, and it freezes popsicles on your countertop (sans electricity) in 7 MINUTES. Wizardry!
6. Weber “Go-Anywhere” Grill. I’m aware that I most likely will not own a full-size grill in the next five years, so I’d like one of these for trips to the beach/my fire escape.
8. Corkcicle Wine Chiller. While I’m not above putting ice cubes in my wine, I’d prefer that I didn’t have to, you know?
9. Wilton Standard Donut Pan. I don’t advocate eating donuts during beach season, but I’d really like to get my hands on this bad boy for the fall. I’m gonna make pumpkin donuts and drink adult apple cider! Who’s with me?
10. Paderno Spiralizer. Zucchini pasta is bomb. Have you ever tried to make it without a spiralizer? I have. I don’t like it.
11. Oxo Cherry Pitter. One of my life goals is to bake a cherry pie, and I feel like owning this device is a step in the right direction. (I also want to make other cherry things, like this cocktail and this salad.)
12. Williams-Sonoma Copper Mugs. My roommate was gifted a set of these mugs for Christmas (by me, duh), and they’ve really upped the bar scene in our apartment. If nothing else, you will need them for jello shot display.
13. Oxo Salad Spinner. Because wet lettuce is limp lettuce. And limp lettuce is unforgivable.
14. White Wash Woven Hapao Tray. I imagine filling this tray with Blueberry Mojito Royales and carrying it out onto a beautiful poolside patio, where I’m greeted with a slow clap from my guests. (I suppose it would also look nice on a coffee table, or in bed with some breakfast on it.)
139 days til Christmas!
Shop this post
Never miss a post!
Get new recipes and lifestyle tips delivered straight to your inbox.