2020 Holiday Gift Guide for Beauty and Wellness Enthusiasts
THE GIFT GUIDES ARE HERE!!!!
We’ve got ideas for a variety of fabulous folks: Beauty and Wellness Enthusiasts (below), Home Cooks and Food Lovers, Home and Style Mavens, and, of course, Dudes.
We all know that holidays aren’t about the presents (particularly in the dumpster fire of a year that is 2020), BUT you may also know that giving presents is kind of the best. Nothing makes me giddier than finding the perfect present for someone I love, especially when it comes to a tricky giftee. (Logan is weirdly hard to shop for.)
My hope is that these gift guides might help you source a little something special for someone you love. Or yourself! As I remind you every year, there is zero shame in forwarding these gift guides to significant others/family members with the subject “Hint, hiiiint.”
Happy gifting, friends! And happy, happy holidays. I’m sending you the tightest virtual koala hug.
2020 Holiday Gift Ideas for Beauty and Wellness Enthusiasts:
1. Simmer Down x Serena Wolf. Cue: These are a few of my faaaavorite things!!! One of my oldest and bestest friends runs a fantastic company called The Giftwell Neighborhood that creates custom care packages featuring exclusively female-founded brands. I couldn’t be more excited to have teamed up with her to create a custom gift box featuring some of my favorite items to pamper oneself–from my beloved Aquis Lisse Luxe Hair Turban to a delightful cocktail/mocktail mixer and the most comfortable silk eye mask (I’ve tried an embarrassing amount), I’m hoping this gift will make someone you love feel special and inspire them to be extra kind to themselves. Want to take this present to the next level? Add a signed copy of The Dude Diet or The Dude Diet Dinnertime (or both!)! (Act quick on the book front—there are a limited number of signed copies available!)
2. Goodr Sunglasses. I picked up a pair of these glasses at the local outdoor store in Bar Harbor last summer, and it was $25 very well spent. These shades, which come in an array of frame styles and festive colors, are made for all your favorite athletic activities (although they’re also great everyday glasses). Nothing is worse than constantly having to push your sunglasses up the bridge of your nose during an outdoor workout, and I can vouch for the fact that these barely budged through many a sweaty hike and outdoor Melissa Wood Health flow.
3. Act + Acre Cold Processed Scalp Detox. Believe the hype on this stuff, friends. I started doing a weekly scalp detox back in March, and it’s made a noticeable difference in the fullness and health of my hair. And just to overshare, my scalp is also muchhh less itchy thanks to its moisturizing wonders. (p.s. A little bit goes a long way, and I always double shampoo after using to prevent my har from feeling greasy.)
4. Lion/Ne Skin Consultation. The most frequent question I get about skincare in my Instagram DMs is some iteration of, “How do I figure out the best products for my skin?!” This is where Lion/ne comes in. Lion/ne is a skincare consultancy that helps you get to know your skin on a deeper level and provides you with the knowledge you need to make more informed skincare decisions. (I did a consultation a couple months after a particularly harsh over-exfoliation episode that left me very confused about my skin, and I learned so much!!!) Dermatologists and aestheticians are the source of some fantastic skincare recs, but they don’t always take the time to get a holistic view of your skin (I was asked about everything from my sleep schedule to my food allergies), and they’re often trying to convince you to buy products they’re selling. Lion/ne doesn’t work with any brands or retailers, so they provide unique, unbiased recommendations tailored specifically to your skin. If you know someone who’s new to skincare or is always on the lookout for unique product recs, gift them a consultation!!
5. Supracor SpaCells Facial Sponge. This honeycomb shaped sponge helps cleanse (it works wonders for removing makeup!) while exfoliating and massaging your skin. It has two sides—one that’s softer for general cleansing, and one that’s firmer for massage purposes—and is naturally antifungal and antibacterial. No need to employ any fancy cleaning techniques! For a larger gift, consider including the body exfoliator (which leaves your body unbelievably soft and is shaped in a way that allows you to scrub your entire back) or the entire Stimulite Gift Set.
6. Skin Gym Face Sculptor. The gift that keeps on giving! This roller really does noticeably lift and depuff the face while providing a glow-y boost (especially if one stores it in the fridge). The rollers on this sculptor slide easily and fit the contours of the face, so I find it much easier to use than a gua sha tool. (Gua sha tools often rely on facial oils—which I tend to avoid—to glide on the skin, but this sculptor rolls easily with just a hydrating serum or light moisturizer). The rollers also feel fantastic on tight jaw muscles. Feeling generous? Gift this along with a sheet mask! Rolling on top of a good hydrating or skin clearing mask is a delight
7. Farmacy Beauty Coconut Gel Mask 4-Pack. There are endless sheet masks out there, and I’ve tried many (understatement of the century). This one is worth writing home about. It’s soothing and refreshing, and it smoothes and plumps dehydrated skin without clogging pores. Plus, it stays put relatively well for a sheet mask.
8. Highline Wellness x HBFit CBD Bath Bomb(s). For the bath enthusiast! As someone who spends a lot of time in the tub and is verrrry picky about her products, I’m thrilled to report that these bath bombs are dreamy. They have a light floral scent and the texture once dissolved is smooth and milky in the best possible way. They contain CBD, so they’re great for sore muscles/pain relief and are just an all around fabulous way to upgrade a typical soak. (And they don’t irritate my sensitive skin like many bath products do!) p.s. Highline Wellness is the CBD brand that I swear by. They have an array of fantastic CBD products, but I’m partial to the 1000mg Citrus CBD Oil and the Night Gummies if you’re looking for other CBD gifting ideas.
9. Luxury Bamboo Bathtub Caddy Tray. I know this tray has appeared on gift guides past, but given that it’s the most highly searched item in the blog shop/one of my personal favorites, I felt the need to remind you what a delightful gift this baby is. (Logan gave me this when we first started dating. I’m not saying, I married him BECAUSE of the bath tray, but it certainly didn’t hurt…)
10. Manuka Honey Cleansing Balm. This cleansing balm is one of my holy grail skincare products, especially during the winter months. It removes dirt and makeup (and doesn’t burn the eyes!) while nourishing and reinforcing the skin’s moisture barrier—excellent for keeping dry, flaky skin at bay. Want to spoil someone? Include the facial cleansing brush for a particularly fahn-cy cleansing experience.
11. NuFace Trinity Facial Toning Kit. Spoil a beauty lover with a new face courtesy of NuFace!! (Sorry, I have to get my kicks somewhere these days.) When used consistently—I try to use nightly for 3 to 5 minutes—this at-home microcurrent device really delivers on the lifting and toning front. Since most of us aren’t getting to spas much these days, this tool is a great secret weapon to have in one’s beauty arsenal.
12. Lorox Travel Size Roller. Our at-home workout “studios” (aka bedrooms/living rooms) can’t accommodate a lot of equipment, which is why this travel size roller is a Godsend. It’s perfect for rolling out tension and boosting circulation, and it has little raised bumps to help boost lymphatic drainage/decrease inflammation.
For more gifting inspiration, check out the Beauty and Wellness Gift Guides from 2019, 2018, and 2017.
Shop this post
Never miss a post!
Get new recipes and lifestyle tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Leave a Comment