2020 Holiday Gift Guide for Home and Style Mavens
THE GIFT GUIDES ARE HERE!!!!
We all know that holidays aren’t about the presents (particularly in the dumpster fire of a year that is 2020), BUT you may also know that giving presents is kind of the best. Nothing makes me giddier than finding the perfect present for someone I love, especially when it comes to a tricky giftee. (Logan is weirdly hard to shop for.)
My hope is that these gift guides might help you source a little something special for someone you love. Or yourself! As I remind you every year, there is zero shame in forwarding these gift guides to significant others/family members with the subject “Hint, hiiiint.”
Happy gifting, friends! And happy, happy holidays. I’m sending you the tightest virtual koala hug.
2020 Gift Ideas for Home and Style Mavens:
1. Lou and Grey Signaturesoft Plush Upstate Sweatshirt and Softblend Sweatpants. I’m not sure I can adequately express the extreme comfort of this sweatsuit. It’s heavenly. And given the fact that we have extra occasion for loungewear these days, this wildly soft set is a perfect 2020 present. It’s available in a variety of colors, and the top and bottom also make great separates should the wearer wish to do some creative sweat styling.
2. Brooklinen Classic Percale Sheets. I used to be a Brooklinen skeptic based on all of the podcast ads I heard for the company, but after many friends vouched for the sheets’ awesomeness, I got myself a set and…damn. The sheets do, in fact, live up to the hype. Cool, crisp, and luxurious, these percale sheets are guaranteed to level up someone’s bed/sleep game.
3. The Anais Earrings by The Vintage Royalty. If I had to choose a uniform to wear every single day for the rest of my life, it would be jeans and a classic white button down with booties and a statement earring. A good statement earring is the easiest way to make any outfit feel special, and this unique pair is a beautiful mix of funky and classic.
4. Laguna Beach Textile Company Cabana Beach Towels. These oversized, fluffy, and absorbent beach/pool towels are some of the best I’ve ever used, and the color options can’t be beat. Gift someone a set in a single color, or mix-and-match to create an unexpectedly chic collection.
5. J. Crew Tissue Turtlenecks. Some have called me a turtleneck fetishist, and it is a title I shall proudly own. Turtlenecks are warm! They’re timeless! They’re the ultimate cool weather layering piece! We can never have too many, dammit!!! (Defensive turtleneck rant complete.) J. Crew tissue turtlenecks are my favorite for the aforementioned layering, and while they come in a variety of colors, I’m partial to the navy, black, and white to mix-and-match with everything in one’s closet.
6. Dolce Vita Bel Booties in Black Croco. For the shoe lover! These faux croc booties are comfortable, flattering, and add just the right amount of edge to any outfit.
7. Jenny Bird Toni Hinged Hoop Earrings. The perfect everyday hoops do exist! Dress ‘em up or down—these cute little hoops are truly wear-with-anything earrings and a great alternative to studs.
8. Le Specs Liar Liar Sunglasses. Available in both black and tortoise, these oversize glasses are timeless and add a little instant chic to any ensemble. (I feel it’s important to note that these glasses don’t slide down my nose, which is a huge selling point for me.) If this particular style doesn’t speak to you, Le Specs has a variety of both classic and modern styles that are worth checking out.
9. Soho Home Pembroke Red Wine Glasses. Classic with a twist, these glasses will mesh with almost any aesthetic while still feeling special. The stem is particularly long and delicate, which I love, and while wine connoisseurs will judge me, I serve red, white, and rosé in these beauties.
10. Pissenlit The Classic Wrap Coat. If you want to spoil your favorite fashion maven, this coat is showstopper. The organic cashmere and wool blend and oversize fit make this coat the ultimate in cozy cool. This style comes in several colors (from baby blue to camel), but the pumpkin orange is my pick. It instantly upgrades any lewk.
11. Nadaam Wool Cashmere Oversized Ribbed Turtleneck. This universally flattering turtleneck is a fantastic staple that can be styled in endless ways! Wear it loose over leggings around the house, French-tucked into denim with a boot, or layered over a slip dress or skirt—you can’t really go wrong. This ultra comfortable style is available in three colors, but I’m partial to the oatmeal for its versatility.
12. Diarrablu Walo Wrap Dress. For the fashionista who loves to style pieces multiple ways! I bought this wrap dress last summer, and not only does it fit like a dream (the dress is customized by height!), but it’s truly a season-less staple. It looks equally fabulous worn with sandals in spring/summer as it does with boots in the cooler months. I also love layering the aforementioned navy tissue turtleneck underneath for winter! 🙂
Shop this post
Never miss a post!
Get new recipes and lifestyle tips delivered straight to your inbox.