Domesticate ME!’s Top 14 Recipes of 2014
Happy New Year’s Eve, friends!!
Apologies for going dark last week, but I was doing some quality time in Virginia with my mother and great uncle. Between the festive bourbon drinking, present opening, and dial-up internet, I was forced to go on a little hiatus. I figured you were busy too.
Now that I’m back at my desk reflecting on 2014, I feel mildly overwhelmed. It’s been a crazy year filled with triumphs, tribulations, laughter, tears, and lots and lots of food. You’ll get all the dirty details on the highs and lows when I empty the nets at some point early next week (WHO’S EXCITED?), but today I thought we’d take a look back at Domesticate ME!’s 2014 recipe repertoire.
Below are the 14 most loved recipes posted on Domesticate ME! this year. If you haven’t tried these bad boys yet, let this post serve as a friendly reminder…
Domesticate ME!’s 14 Most Popular Recipes of 2014:
1. Vanilla Chia Seed Pudding. Not gonna lie, I was pretty shocked when I discovered that this was the year’s most popular recipe. Then I remembered that Beyoncé likes chia pudding, and it made much more sense.
2. Vegan Peanut Butter and Banana Overnight Oats. I know cold oatmeal may sound weird and scary, but trust me on this one, friends. These cool, creamy, peanut-buttery oats are a delight, and they’re practically bursting with nutrients (protein! fiber! antioxidants!). Make them in cute little mason jars, and you’ve got the perfect portable meal or snack.
3. Caprese Quinoa Bake. God bless quinoa, and cheese, and tomatoes. This is one sexy casserole, peeps.
4. Dude Diet Mac and Cheese with Chicken Sausage. Logan claimed this was this best mac and cheese that I’ve ever made. Enough said.
5. Nutella and Bacon Stuffed French Toast. INSANITY. This is the type of recipe that everyone should make once in their lives just to experience the high. (Safety Note: Please make sure that you consume this near/in a bed. You will need to dirt nap afterwards.)
6. Crispy Baked Chicken Tenders with Sriracha Honey Mustard. There are few things in life more exciting than a good chicken finger. These baked beauties are coated in brown rice cereal, yielding perfect crispy tenders that you can crush guilt(and gluten)-free. And the fiery Sriracha Honey Mustard? Dipping sauce of dreams, people.
7. Chocolate Chip Cheesecake-Swirl Brownie Bites. If you do not like fudgy brownies, cheesecake or happiness, these are not for you. Everyone else, jump on it.
8. Roasted Tomato Basil Soup. This ridiculously easy flavor-packed soup is vegan, but it tastes particularly fabulous when you get some non-vegan grilled cheese sticks involved.
9. 20-Minute Chicken Posole. Nutritious and comforting with the perfect sinus-clearing kick, this posole is a 20-minute miracle that’s perfect for all of you busy and important peeps with limited time to cook during the week. Please get very, very weird with the toppings.
10. Vegan Orange Julius Smoothie. Ahhhh, a vitamin-C packed treat that tastes like sunshine and nostalgia. It makes a fabulous energy-boosting breakfast or snack, and it freezes perfectly in popsicle molds. I also recommend adding a splash of vodka on summer afternoons/evenings.
11. Quinoa Green Goddess Bowl with Crispy Chickpeas and Lemon-Tahini Dressing. I swear this Goddess Bowl has magical powers. I feel smarter, prettier, and more energized just looking at it.
12. Cheesy Baked Penne with Chicken and Broccoli. Lightened up comfort food at its finest, this super easy casserole comes together in about 20 minutes and is fun for all ages. Everyone loves a good cheesy pasta bake, no?
13. Crispy Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa and Avocado Salsa Verde. I’m very relieved that you all seemed to love these bad boys as much as I do. The fish is baked, not fried, to crispy perfection and then topped with two salsas (one bright and fruity, the other creamy and tangy) for a seriously epic fiesta flavor party. Get on board.
14. Baked Buffalo Chicken Tenders with Dude Diet Ranch. There were fewer Dude Diet recipes introduced in 2014, but I’m particularly proud of this year’s additions, and I think these chicken fingies may be my favorite DD creation ever. I would like to thank my roommate for continuing to inspire me on the reg.
I’m not going to get overly sappy, but I just want to thank you for reading and supporting Domesticate ME! this year. I appreciate each and every one of you more than you know, and I’m sending you all virtual bear hugs and good vibes for 2015. Love you, mean it.
Shop this post
Never miss a post!
Get new recipes and lifestyle tips delivered straight to your inbox.