10 Foolproof Recipes For Spring
Those words look harsh on my computer screen, but you know it’s true. It’s been cold and gray for so long that I feel like we’re living in that creepy world from Frozen that Adele Dazeem sang about at the Oscars. Plus, I’m deathly pale, my hair is permanently static-y, and I went over my moisturizer budget like three months ago, so I can’t just “let it go.”
Because I believe in the power of positive thinking, I’ve been doing lots of preparations for the sunny season despite the fact that the weather won’t quit playing games with my heart (sing it). Thanks to my mom, I’m all set on the crop top front, so I’ve mostly been focused on cleaning/organizing my apartment and playing around with recipe ideas for the warmer temperatures that are hopefully headed our way. I have lots of exciting things planned for you in the next few weeks, but in the meantime, I’ve rounded up a few of my favorite recipes worth having a spring fling with. You’re very welcome.
10 Recipes to Make This Spring:
1. 20-Minute Chicken Posole. This is the perfect recipe to transition into spring, people. Yes, it’s warm, but it’s also light and surprisingly refreshing. Plus, it’s the perfect vehicle for all that glorious spring produce (radishes, lettuce, avocados, scallions) that will be available in the coming weeks. Get weird with those toppings.
2. Spring Vegetable Risotto with Seared Scallops. Unbelievably creamy, packed with green vegetables, and topped with perfectly seared scallops, this risotto is light, fresh and shockingly simple to put together. MONEYMAKER. For the record, this is one of those sexy meals that people tend to swoon over, so I recommend serving it at all of your fancy spring dinner parties. Compliment-lovers rejoice!
3. Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps. These are slap your mother good. They’re also incredibly easy to put together and full of nutritional benefits, so you’ll want to crush these on the reg pre-beach season. Trust.
4. Mango Margaritas. All I have to say is, there’s only 37 days until Cinco de Mayo, and we should all be building up a respectable tequila tolerance and working on our piñata skills. Mango margaritas for the fiesta win.
5. Shrimp Tacos with Corn Salsa and Chipotle-Avocado Crema. Because you’ll probably want tacos with your tequila, and these ones are bomb.
6. California Salad with Roasted Chicken and Avocado Dressing. California dreamin’ and turkey bacon all day, everyday. Do it.
7. Clean Out The Fridge Frittata. Frittatas are my favorite anytime meal thanks to their simplicity and versatility, and this spring version with asparagus, fresh peas and goat cheese is pretty delightful. Get an arugula salad and some cold white wine involved for a classy feast in less than 30 minutes.
8. Quinoa Green Goddess Bowl with Crispy Chickpeas and Lemon-Tahini Dressing. Make this your go-to sassy desk lunch for spring. Just think how god(dess)-like you’ll be by summer after eating this flavor-packed vegan miracle a few times a week. Wonderland bodies for everyone!
9. Thai “Summer Roll” Salad with Shrimp and Mango. This salad is spring in a bowl. Shredded cabbage tossed with crunchy julienned vegetables, steamed shrimp and a spicy ginger-soy dressing is my current favorite “no-cook” lunch or dinner. It’s also very pretty, so you may want to use it to impress your friends and lovaaahs.
10. Lemon Yogurt Cake. If you like lemon, you will love this cake. It’s the perfect balance of tangy and sweet, incredibly moist (sorry), and it doesn’t require any scary kitchen equipment. Plus, it’s made with greek yogurt in place of oil and butter, so it’s virtually fat free. Serve it for dessert with raspberry sorbet and fresh berries, eat it with a civilized cup of tea in the afternoon, or whip it up for Easter brunch. Hell, get after it for breakfast in a crop top if you so desire. It’s spring, let’s celebrate!
Never miss a post!
Get new recipes and lifestyle tips delivered straight to your inbox.