The Top 15 Recipes of 2015
HAPPY NEW YEAR, friends!! How are you? (Don’t answer that if you’re on a cleanse.)
It’s been a while, and this roundup is about a week overdue, but as always, I’m fashionably late to the 2016 party. I’ve got new recipes coming your way soon, I promise (fingers crossed emoji), and I’ll be emptying the 2015 nets next Tuesday, but I feel obligated to inform you that things are still going to be on the quieter side around here for the next month or so. Now that the first draft of The Dude Diet is in (HALLELUJAH), yours truly is spending most of January shooting all the sexy glamour shots for the book in LA and will have limited recipe development resources. I know, I know. I’ve been the most unreliable blog lady of late—please forgive me.
Honestly, I’m excited and terrified for this photo shoot—primarily because there will be a photographer, food stylist, assistants, etc., and I’m still fuzzy on my role. I mostly picture myself in a suit wandering around and nodding importantly while I “supervise.” Pretty sure that’s not how it works, yet I’m still tempted to buy a suit. (I should probably get Snapchat, so I can include you in this process/show you my suit.)
Anyhoo, before we tackle some new thangs, I’d like to take a second to reflect on the past year’s creations. Below, you’ll find Domesticate ME!’s top recipes from 2015 as chosen by “the masses.” (You know I love my Google Analytics, so having an excuse to put its wonders to use thrills me.) If you’ve yet to take any of these recipes for a spin, there’s no time like the present. I’m guessing at least some of you made resolutions to cook more…
Domesticate ME!’s Top 15 Recipes of 2015:
1. Roasted Sweet Potato, Kale and Black Bean Enchiladas. I’m actually a little surprised that this recipe came out on top this year. Don’t get me wrong, the enchiladas are bomb, but the winning recipe is usually something extremely Gwyneth-like (i.e. Chia Pudding, Chocolate-Avocado Mousse) or batshit crazy (i.e. Nutella and Bacon Stuffed French Toast). This one falls somewhere in the middle, but it was probs still the kale that sealed the deal. People get very excited about superfoods…
2. Banana Berry Baked Oatmeal Bites. I’m glad I didn’t throw in the towel after the first few failed batches of these bad boys, since these bites are now one of my favorite portable breakfasts and snacks. In fact, I have some in my freezer right meow.
3. Lasagna Quinoa Bake with Chicken, Spinach and Mushrooms. Still my favorite quinoa bake to date. And God knows I love me a quinoa bake. (Speaking of quinoa bakes, it’s almost time for my winter offering! Coming soon.)
4. Black-beery Whiskey Smash. The popularity of this recipe may have to do with the fact that I make it on cam-ah-rah in a child’s fairy costume, but whatever. Blackberries, whiskey and beer deserve the love.
5. Spiced Turkey and Zucchini Meatballs with Basil Yogurt Sauce. I’m thrilled that these balls flew at so many faces this year.
6. Rose Sangria. Please be very careful when popping the champagne for this boozy summer delight…
7. Ginger-Scallion Soba Noodles with Roasted Cauliflower. Anything and everything with roasted cauliflower is a winner.
8. Foolproof Chocolate Cake with Whipped Cream and Fresh Berries. Thank God other people seem to share my raging cake fetish. (BTW this cake is vegan if you make it with coconut whipped cream.)
9. Pan-Seared Halibut with Citrus-Jalapeno Salsa. It seems fitting that the first recipe of 2015 made it onto this list. And this salsa is gold. (I even put a version of it in The Dude Diet book.)
10. Beef Tenderloin Crostini with Whipped Goat Cheese and Pesto. I get all warm and fuzzy thinking about people serving my favorite finger food at their fancy parties. I really do.
11. Roast Chicken, Apple and Brie Grilled Cheese. I’m convinced that Brie is the best cheese for grilled cheese making. Its unparalleled melting potential never ceases to amaze me.
12. Baked Orzo with Broccolini, Sausage and Fontina. Once the “New Year, New You!” cleanse mania subsides, people will remember that cozy, cheesy casseroles are a winter necessity. (Luckily this one is actually pretty healthy for a cozy, cheesy casserole, so it won’t completely undo all the crazy cleansing.)
13. Roasted Cauliflower Soup with Parmesan, Toasted Almonds and Golden Raisins. Like I said, anything and everything with roasted cauliflower is a winner.
14. Cauliflower Rice Bowls with Spring Vegetables and Arugula Pesto. Pumped that this vegan bowl made the list (although I shouldn’t be surprised given its Gwyneth-vibes). Cauliflower rice is boss.
15. Matcha-colada Smoothie Bowl. This is the smoothie that got me on board the matcha bandwagon. If you’ve yet to try it, now would be the time. January cleansing, etc.
If you have any requests (recipe or otherwise) for 2016, lemme know. I aim to please.
Shop this post
Never miss a post!
Get new recipes and lifestyle tips delivered straight to your inbox.